Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things Are Not Always What They Seem!


There are times in our lives when we are faced with many ups and downs. It can sometimes appear that things are one way, depending on the lens that you are looking out of.  It has forced me to take a moment, step back and allow time to bring clarity and direction for what the next step needs to be. How can you apply this to your family or children?
It was not until I had children of my own that I began to understand the heart ache that I might have caused my parents.  When I did not like the way my children responded to me or said something that caused me to pause. I wanted to call my Mom and say, “WOW, If I was like this as a child, I am so sorry.”  Not that I have horrible children but, as we all know children can sometimes have a way with words to shock the system.
Today, I honor my parents for making sure that they gave me the tools to become who I am today. Even though when I was younger my view was skewed, I realize today that things are not as they seemed. Today, I thank God for maturity and growth because it enables me to see what was always there all along.  My parents really did know what was best for me despite my inability to only see a glimpse of my future. I applaud my Mom especially for loving and nurturing me to a place of health and maturity.
Guess what? I’m not a Cookie Cutter Mom and that's OK!

Till tomorrow- Deborah Anthony

Mommy Fast Track is a place where mothers can share their various daily experiences. It provides Mothers an opportunity to vent and encourage other mothers about what you have experienced being a Mom. Feel free to send me a post for tomorrow at mommyfasttrack@gmail.com   or leave a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. This helps me although im not a mom.. It makes me want to think twice before i say something smart to my mom.. she has feelings just as I do. Its nothing like gettin your feelings hurt from someone you love and would do anything for.

    ReplyDelete