Thursday, March 3, 2011

Growing Spurts


Watching my children grow through the various milestones has been such a joy from infancy stage to this point. To see them all grow and change has been amazing an experience. My little people need me less and less, from feeding them breakfast to cleaning their rooms. I can say I am not challenged in letting them handle those areas of responsibility. I am watching my daughter need me in other ways, she is 8 years old and the need to be affirmed and encouraged has become my focus.

We are now doing a book together called The Care of Keeping You it’s a book by American Girls, it breaks down the body and caring for her body through the various stages of a girl. I don't know about you but certain things were taboo growing up and this generation you must be straight forward and honest with them. Moment of clarity, as we go through this year there will be a need for many tough conversations i.e. sex, drugs and the affection of boys.  Why?  Glad you asked because if we don’t teach our children I promise someone else will. I am taking the time to spend with her to insure she understands God's way and what his word says about who she is.

I can say that the process is going well, but I will keep you posted through the various stages that we experience together. My hope is this will invoke mothers around the globe to take time and teach your children about their bodies and various stages in life.

Guess what? I’m not a Cookie Cutter Mom and that's OK!

Till tomorrow- Deborah Anthony

Mommy Fast Track is a place where mothers can share their various daily experiences. It provides Mothers an opportunity to vent and encourage other mothers about what you have experienced being a Mom. Feel free to send me a post for tomorrow at mommyfasttrack@gmail.com   or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment